Thursday, March 19, 2009

If I ignore you, don't punch me in the arm

Today was just one of those days. I was exhausted, hungry, stressed about multiple projects due and in desperate need of coffee. I had a lot on my mind. So when I sat down on one of the benches in the Boylston stop, I was in no mood for any sort of chitchat. A sort-of creeper/sort-of homeless looking guy sat down next to me. I was looking away, towards the next train approaching (hoping it was a C-line), when I heard sort-of creeper ask someone for a cigarette. I guess he was asking me, cause when I didn't answer, he punched me in the arm to get my attention. When I finally turned my head, glaring at him, he didn't get the hint.

Now full-fledged creeper guy: Do you have a smoke?
Me: No. (turns head away)
Creeper guy: Do you live in Brookline?
Me: *ignores*

WTF? How the heck did he figure that one out? Do I have the Brookline "look"?

I didn't even have the energy to tell him I don't smoke or to lie and say I lived in Switzerland. I just got on the next train, which happened to be a C-line after all.

No comments: